Sunday, May 01, 2005

Bye-bye, Loft

Roommate is on the phone, talking really loudly.

I am exhausted. I need sleep.

Instead I am up and blogging, because, well, she's loud.

Really, really, loud.

But you know what?

This is the last time, ever, that this will be a problem, because this is my Last Weekend In the Loft!

I am not feeling at all sentimental. I think its because I never settled in here, because I knew it was temporary.

I spent yesterday packing, and, again, felt nothing. When I moved out of Hall Street, every time I put something in a box I wanted to break down and weep. Everything had a memory attached to it, everything belonged there. I have no attachment to this place whatsoever. I think I've always felt like a poser here. Hopefully I'll feel like me in the new apartment.

And here, for your viewing pleasure, is the new apartment!!!!
Kitchen 1
Kitchen 2
Kitchen 3

Living Room

Bathroom 1
Bathroom 2

Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2

I am very excited. Stressed, but excited. I don't have enough boxes. I am disorganized. I haven't sold everything. I haven't changed my address on things. I haven't cancelled cable. I haven't put up shelves. I don't have anything for anyone to sit on in the new place. I don't have anything, really. Sigh. Much to do.

I have, however, sold my keyboard for cash! I have hired two guys to help unload the truck. I have secured a truck although that means nothing. I have secured piano movers although I don't know when we're going to move the piano because the superintendent of my building will not call me back to tell me if/when I can use the freight elevator.

It's going to be fine, and soon I will be able to start feeling comfortable in NYC!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, your new apartment is totally cute but where is the shower? I am slightly afraid that you will be showering by standing next to the sink and splashing yourself against the tiles.

Also, freight elevator... can't you just use it whenever you want? Do you need a key or something to get access? If it is just a matter of getting permission, I say "Shmuly, screw you I'm getting out of here and I'm taking my piano with me!"

Dr. Maureen said...

I, too, love the new apartment. I can't wait to see it in person. Beth: The shower is next to the sink; you can't see the showerhead but you can see the things for turning on the water. What are those called! Are they the taps? Anyway, you can see them. But cripes, Leah, you weren't kidding that the bathroom is small! If you drop the soap in the shower, you'll have to leave the bathroom in order to have room to pick it up! Wait, that joke makes more sense in my head. Trust me, it's hilarious.

Dr. Maureen said...

Did I just say, "Cripes"? What is UP with me lately? Criminy! Well, I like your new digs.