Friday, March 25, 2005

Weather

I am currently in Brooklyn. I did not just step off a plane into the warm Florida sun. I will not be able to go to Orlando until late tomorrow afternoon. This change of plans requires my taking a vacation day on Monday.

I am on the verge of a meltdown, because not only did I receive potentially bad/annoying news today, spend approximately four hours in the airport, spend two hours in transit to and from the airport, not really eat (I am starving to death but my mood has rendered me incapable of making a decision on if/what to eat), but I am pissed because I want to use my vacation days to visit *my* family.

I have used 1.5 precious vacation days for this, and I am not happy. I'm not blaming anyone or anything. I'm merely responding rather intensely to my first moment of homesickness since I left MA.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Bummer, dude. I am depressed about the weather, too. All this rain and "warm" temps means a rapid end to ski season. The problem is that there isn't a nice transition in New England... it's just sloppy and gross for a long time before we see the benefits of spring or summer. Sigh.