Friday, March 25, 2005

Easter

Easter is apparently this weekend.

People keep asking me "What are you doing this weekend?"

"Going to FL."

"To celebrate Easter?"

"No, to meet my future in-laws," who I hope will not be celebrating Easter as I did not pack my Easter bonnet, nor did I pack anything that I would feel comfortable wearing in a church. I also forgot to pack dyes with which to make Easter eggs because I also forgot to buy the dye. Drat. I bet my future nieces-in-law would have liked to dye eggs, but probably not as much as I'd have liked it.

Easter nostalgia is fierce right now. Competing in the neighborhood egg hunt (I will never forget this - we were running around hunting for eggs and I found this hideous egg that was dyed a light green and had on it a big black dot; the neighborhood posse ridiculed me for having found the mutant egg, until we were informed that the finder of said egg would be the proud recipient of a kite! and then I was much resented), looking forward to charming pink dresses and little white gloves and little white hats, colorful baskets full of candy and other goodness, dying millions of eggs over at Aunty Peggy and Uncle Tommy's house, running around like a lunatic in my grandparents' fenced-in backyard in Roslindale hoping to find the plastic egg with the dollar bill. Sigh.

At any rate, in celebration of Easter, please enjoy reading Fellowship of the Peeps.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when did you get engaged? I think I missed that blog.

Leah Lar said...

I suppose I meant to write "most-likely-future-in-laws."