Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Anonymous

I write a blog. I also read blogs when I am bored at work. I've narrowed down the blogs I read to include about 5 or 6 New York-centric blogs. They range from personal weblogs that allow me to be a voyeur to blogs that focus on local news and/or politics to pop culture/gossip/who's wearing what blogs to comedic/observational blogs. I try to keep up with them all on a daily basis, but obviously can't. I wish work didn't interfere with my side projects.

Anyway, I am truly excited today because...

I was reading a certain blog that I enjoy - its a very popular local blog about the music scene - not only what's going on in NY (upcoming shows, show reviews, show recommendations, show photos and show gossip) but what's going on in the indie music world. What's coming out when, what you should listen to, who's saying what about what, links to new videos and songs etc. Love it. I read it every day to find out what's going on and what I missed and what I should be experiencing in NYC.

I was curious to see if they'd gone to The Kaiser Chief's show this weekend, and more curious to see if they had any photos so I could put a link to it on my blog so you could all see just how amazing this show was. Sadly they'd only attended last night's show at the Mercury Lounge. There were photos, but I really wanted photos from my show. I read the review, and then at the end, they're like "For reviews of the Saturday night show at NorthSix, click HERE, HERE, and HERE."

I thought "Sweet! Maybe these people have photos!"

I read the first review, which basically said the same gushing things as mine. The second review was cute - the girl met the band but didn't say much and felt like a bit of a tool. The third review... was MINE!

Weird. But cool. In a weird way. I feel exposed. And happy. And, well, not so anonymous. This is a confirmation that people I don't know read my blog. Or have at least stumbled upon it. Obviously this is a possibility - its public, and at first I thought "How dare they link to my blog! How dare they tell the world to read this!" and then I thought "Well, it's out there, published for the world to read, so I guess the world can read it if they so choose."

I'm fairly certain nobody will read it other than people who went to the show at NorthSix and who also read this other blog, so the odds of anyone stumbling upon my review are slim.

Then again, what are the odds that I would stumble upon my own blog?

Bizarre.

Blogging about blogging. Again.

I am giddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bout this?

http://pupblogreader.blogspot.com/2004/08/my-mundane-life-in-song.html

Anonymous said...

Oh! And check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3BHRC6R7BCNNH/ref=cm_cr_auth/103-5089903-5617413?%5Fencoding=UTF8

You can do some amazing things with google and some quotes... give it a try and google "leah lar".