Monday, October 18, 2004

Milestone 1: Check!

My first weekend of sleep was blissful.

On Friday night I took a nap after getting home from work, after which Roommate and I went to the East Village to hang out with the Depeche Mode Cover Band girls. Roommate called me at midnight and was all "Get your ass out of bed!" so I did. We called a cab service and headed over to the island. The woman who picked us up kept saying "Ay yai yai!" and told us we were "so cute" when we got out of her cab. She most likely thought this because for the entire trip over the bridge we kept saying "I can't believe we live here!" "We live here!" "We live here!"

On our way over, I said "I am very excited to go to the East Village and see some new bars!" because the bar we were going to wasn't at an address I recognized. I said "No, man, I have no idea where that is." Turned out to be one of the bars that R and I went to on Thursday. Of course.

We had a lovely time. The girls were adorable and friendly and we got good and drunk and talked about stuff. The cab driver who took us home told us his life story. Ah New York.

On Saturday I went shopping in The City for books for class. I mention this not because I purchased books for class, but because I have officially reached New Life Milestone 1! While in Forbidden Planet, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I was taken off guard, because who on earth could be tapping me on the shoulder in a city where I know nobody? I turned around, and it was someone from my class! Milestone 1: Check! Have officially run into someone I know! Yippee!!!!

Got back from shopping and hung out with Roommate. She was flipping channels for the first time since we got cable, since we've literally been watching either MTV or the Surreal Life 3, and she came upon HBO, which we had! I said "Perhaps it is a free preview?" Turns out we have, like, 7 HBOs, 8 Showtimes, Cinemaxes, Sundances. Pretty much everything. And we're not paying for it. Word. My theory is that perhaps the cable guy hooked us up. Curious.

And then Roommate dyed my hair black (sorry Peaches!). Thank god. Blonde was peaking through. We can't have that. It looks lovely.

Yesterday did laundry, hung out on the Upper East Side with my friend blind date where I found the most fabulous bag for $179 which I am actually considering buying because I am a New Yorker and $179 for bag doesn't seem ridiculous to me anymore, and then came home and watched Desperate Housewives and Surreal Life 3. Flava Flave!!!! Actually, when LBF visited last weekend we went shopping and found this store that had the Flava Flave alarm clock, which I haven't stopped thinking about. I might buy it, because, as Roommate said last night, we feel like Flava is our friend and its going to be weird when he's not around anymore. Maybe I'll ask my parents for it for Christmas. That would be hysterical.

And now it is Monday.

Oh well.


No comments: