Friday, October 22, 2004

Friday

Friday is so good. I'm not sure I've been this tired in my entire life.

Last night I went to Happy Hour with "the cool kids" from work. I had a lovely time, but I was tired and shouldn't have been drinking again. "The cool kids" said they would come into my bay and talk about lunch for half an hour and then invite only me.

We left for Happy Hour at 6:00. They chose a place around the corner that didn't have any food or people other than us in it. By 8:30 I was dying. I was so hungry. Granted, I had too much to drink the night prior and only had a cup of butternut squash soup with a small piece of cornbread for lunch, so my body was not at its best. But I was starving by 7:00!!!! And nobody else was hungry! I don't understand! There were other women there, so they must have been hungry. Finally I said "I cannot make a meal of these pretzels!" and declared that I was leaving. Everyone was like "What? You're leaving? Why? Why can't you wait?" and I was like "Because I am going to die, and also because I can't drink anymore if I don't eat something." They said "You better come back." I promised I would, and then started walking around aimlessly and ended up somewhere (Bleecker Street somewhere?) having a foul piece of pizza. I Walking back I got completely and utterly lost. No idea. I managed to find my way back sans map and hung out until about 10:00 or so, when someone said "I'm hungry" and then the group decided to disband.

Which was good, because they were all very drunk from having been drinking for four hours with no food.

Crazy people! I demand that we choose a place with food for Happy Hour next week.

After Happy Hour, I returned home to find that we now have functional DSL! Yipee!

Thus, when next we meet, dear reader, there will be music on the blog. Try to contain your excitement.

All I can think about right now is 6:00 so I can leave, buy some groceries, and then sleep sleep sleep for 14 hours straight. Sleep. Friday. Good.

No comments: