Wednesday, October 27, 2004

20 Things from 10.26.04

I wrote these down on fabulous pink post-its last night after baseball and half a bottle of wine because I was afraid that today I'd think that nothing happened yesterday.

In no particular drunken order:

1. Tommy Lee = growl

2. Larry King's big orange triangle head while interviewing Tommy Lee = weird

3. Red Sox = goes without saying

4. Audience in St. Louis = opposite of aesthetically appealing

5. Open mic on Avenue C = super sketchy and bad bad idea

6. Landon on Real World looking like and now reminding me of preferred ex-boyfriend = sentimental/nostalgic/missing/near-tears state

7. New York law requiring landlords to install carbon monoxide detectors that also requires tenants to pay for said detectors = absurd

8. MTV OC-reality-show-thing = only bad idea MTV has ever had

9. New Eminem video = phenomenal

10. Roommate's divorce finalized today = awesome!!!!

11. Hasidic men having to wear hats to bed = bizarre

12. White wine expanding cork = annoying but acceptable as long as you have packing tape

13. Nelson's After The Rain being played during World Series telecast = bliss!

14. Sister singing Somewhere Out There on phone = infinitely less lonely me

15. Snoop Dogg's minimalist Drop It Like Its Hot = salvation of current hip hop

16. Stranger comparing one of my blog songs to Low = one of best moments of life thus far

17. Labelling lots of tubes at work for first time in months = way more exciting than it should have been

18. New shirt from SoHo = big hit!

19. Listening to Your Ghost on Ipod = not as painful as it used to be

20. Daylight Savings Time (fall back! woo hoo!) in a few days = perfect timing after being drunk and sleep deprived because of baseball

6 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Maureen said...

Oops, sorry about the two comments. I must have hit return before I was done editing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too am perplexed about the baseball still. And very disappointed that this interest did not sprout before moving to New York

--JV

Anonymous said...

Dude, that St. Louis audience ROCKS! And that is a personal attack. I suppose that I can forgive you, though. I am happy for the Red Sox, but I cannot forsake my people of the Mid-West. Are you coming to Boston for the celebration?

Did you hear Tommy Lee's guest appearance on Howard Stern? I suppose E! will have the video soon. He is one dirty man.

jansell

Anonymous said...

sorry jansell

I'm very happy Red Sox beat St Louis.
I was glad to see the midwesterners unhappy.
St Louis backwoods mentality just pisses me off.

apologies for my rudeness

I have strong feelings about St Louis
having lived here for 4 years