Monday, March 12, 2007

Salts

Soaking the foot again. This is driving me mad. Getting up 45 minutes earlier than I'd like to each day, going to bed 45 minutes later. I hate the ritual of epsom salts and iodine in water in a pasta cooker lined with trash bag. I am still without basin. Where can you find a cheap basin other than one stolen from a hospital? I used to have one (stolen from a hospital) that I apparently tossed in anticipation of a minimalist lifestyle with D. I despise creating the bandage a few times a day out of different guazes and tapes and gels and iodine, but I don't mind sealing it with a Hello Kitty band-aid.

I'm tired. My schedule is off with Daylight Savings and bandage making.

I'm stressed. D told me yesterday that we were supposed to tell the landlord at the beginning of March whether we inteded to extend our lease for an extra month. If D gets an offer this week we'll be fine, but if not then we will have some difficult decisions to make based on a strong "hopefully."

I'm feeling socially smothered. When you're about to move, you feel compelled to squeeze everything into your last days. The museums you meant to see, friends you haven't seen in far too long, friends you are going to miss terribly, shows you've been dying to catch. I am going for tapas tonight with A, S, A and D, dinner tomorrow night with L and The Other L, to the ballet on Wednesday, having PW over on Thursday for dinner and music video watching. I may have to spend next weekend looking for an apartment, but really I want to catch up on sleep and spend time with friends. And pack. I am amidst an "I have too much stuff and I want to throw all of my possessions away" minimalist meltdown but it doesn't make sense to do that and then pack. They are better as a combined activity.

I have to sell my piano. It's giving me an ulcer. What will end up happening is that I will scramble at the last minute to pay someone to move the stupid thing onto the sidewalk to be thrown away. I am trying to sell it - it's on Craigslist and will be on flyers soon, but I may just donate it. But will the foundation for the blind even want my crappy piano?

D's talking about buying a condo. Oh my.

The antibiotics are making me feel lousy.

I have to go for foot follow ups this week. There is not time.

The weekend was good. I spent Friday being entirely unproductive aside from going to the post office to pick up a gift from the most fabulous apartment-guest ever. The evening was spent eating cheap Italian food with PW followed by a viewing of "The Host," which was amazing. Run out and see it as soon as you can. On Saturday I got up early to soak the foot and then met E for an early showing of "Zodiac," which was also amazing and didn't feel at all like three hours of movie. We then headed down to the National Memory Championship at the Con Edison Pavilion, which was a lot of fun but a lot more waiting around. It didn't have the emotional intensity of a spelling bee (with adults you don't get as attached), but I do love a good mental match so the time was not wasted. I then met up with D, T, T and two other people whose names I can't remember to celebrate T's birthday at an awesome new vegetarian restaurant in Chelsea. I woke up early again yesterday and headed to TKTS in an attempt to get tickets for 'Rent' for Brother, Brother's fiance and myself. Score! after waiting in line for a good hour. I rushed home to soak the foot, inhaled lunch, and then met them at the show. Rent = AMAZING. Definitely top 5 I've seen here. I cried thrice. We want to do another show next weekend if I am here. It was a good first theater experience for them. We hung out back at the homestead for a bit, and then ate cheap Thai food.

Now I have to go to work, and have no desire to do so. When you know you're done with something, its impossible to keep motivated. I don't want to file my sick day paperwork from Friday because what's the point? I really want to give my notice so my work can be appropriate for someone who is leaving. The Boss doesn't know so he's proceeding normally, which frustrates me because I know much of what I am doing is pointless.

Anyway.

Stressed, I am.

OK. I think I've been submerged in salt for long enough.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: