Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sobbing Idiot

We ended up seeing Dreamgirls last night because we were dismissed early from work! Woo! The city was a blanket of gray snow, like some sort of weird ashen post-apocalypse from Terminator.

I don't know what is wrong with me lately, but I cry during movies. During the big Jennifer Hudson scene, I sobbed to the point where I was choking and actually couldn't see through the tears. You know, snorting, causing a scene, etc. I guess the idea of love lost is a bit much to handle on Valentine's Day.

I also think I have many emotions that I'm choosing to regularly ignore. This cause them to surface at weird times, such as during movies starring Beyonce, who wasn't nearly as annoying as I'd anticipated.

***

I have to pick something up at the post office and I don't know what it is. I don't see why they can't tell me, at the very least, the size of it over the phone. I have to stop by Food Emporium post-post office to buy round 1 of snacks for the party tomorrow, and I need to know if this will be possible while carrying whatever awaits me at the post office. You would think it would be in their best interest for me to not wait in line for an hour when there's no chance of my being able to carry whatever the package is. I don't know. It's probably a magazine or something.

***

I've decided not to cook anything for the party (other than carmelizing some strawberries and melting brie), since it is going to be short and since it's my birthday and I won't cook if I don't want to. It's too cold. I'm too lazy. There's too much going on.

***

It's cold out. Real cold. And windy. And annoying, because there's mad traffic outside and they won't be quiet. Stop with the honking! You are warm in your cars! I don't want to hear it!

***

Sister is coming tomorrow night with The New Man and I can't contain my excitement. I just can't. I will be useless at work tomorrow because of the anticipation. We will have much fun! Drinks! Karaoke! Tapas! Tofu cheesecake! Dancing! Movies! Yeah! Apparently he is excited as well, thus proving, before even meeting him, that he will be better than the other one.

***

Anyone have a good suggestion for a sauce to put over gorgonzola ravioli? Thanks!

No comments: