Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Obligatory Post About The RIDICULOUS WEATHER

It's cold. It's real cold. My tolerance for the cold this morning was approximately one half of a block, during which I thought "Oh, this isn't so bad. What's all the fuss about?" and then wanted to cry ten seconds later.

The cold is exhausting, and I want to eat all the time. I think I've been eating 2x my normal level of food consumption. Luckily I went grocery shopping on Monday so I've been consuming 2x normal levels of things like lettuce and fruit instead of cookies and chips, which is what I did on Sunday. Bad bad bad.

I think its supposed to be, like, 18 degrees tonight so that's awesome. It will be much like a sauna compared to this morning! I may even run an errand that involves walking 10 blocks out of my way. No, I won't, that's terribly ambitious, especially on one of those rare nights when I can go home straight from work without doing anything!

But the errand... no! It can wait until this weekend. I know you don't care about this at all, so here's something emo for you. My birthday is coming up - its an annoying year - odd, prime, that sort of thing - and I've been vexed about what to do. I finally decided that I would have people over next Friday, as I will most likely be out of town on my real birthday. I sent out an email today, and nobody responded except for D, who is awesome and funny and it would be fun were it only the two of us but still, what if nobody comes? I always think that nobody will come, and then people come. I am pretty sure Sister will be there eventually, and hopefully Brother, and maybe like three other people and I wouldn't mind something low key as long as the combination of people works well. I was thinking singalongs and board games and quality time in the apartment, since our lease is up in less than two months. There is the issue of a possible competing function for someone evil, who is going to be out of my life (mostly) in a few weeks. The enemy will unfortunately be in attendance at a function this weekend so I have to re-respond to the Evite and say that I am not going, because I want to avoid evil, as you all know.

In other news, I am going to be putting down a huge deposit on my education. Oh, the realness. The insanity. I comfort myself knowing that I can work for a year in MA doing stupid science and save the money back. Right. I can do that. Totally.

The weekend is shaping up to be chaos. I thought it would be quiet (matinees, errands, snuggling up with books and quiet since D will be at the party with the evil), but all of a sudden I am hanging out with M and E and R and S and D wants to take the car somewhere because maybe its frozen and that's not good. I need to return headphones at Target because they spark in my ears, so hopefully the road trip will incorporate a trip there.

Anyway. Boring boring boring. And are you ready to be more bored? Stay tuned for Portland... Day 2!

No comments: