Friday, January 12, 2007

Better Mood

I am in a better mood because LBF cheered me up.

I was already in a slightly better mood because there was a potato in the middle of the street today (I don't know why this made me so happy but oh how it did) and the lobby downstairs smelled like lipstick. Yes, lipstick has a smell and it was in the lobby. Gas and lipstick in the same week. Crazy! Lately the Amish market has smelled like pot.

I was almost in a good mood last night because instead of crying, I decided to listen to The Drowsy Chaperone soundtrack. It, of course, made me insta-happy, which was deliciously meta because The Drowsy Chaperone is about a guy who is in a bad mood who decides to cheer himself by listening to old musical soundtracks.

I want there to be one night where I just go home. I don't want to stop anywhere, pick anything up. I want there to just be food in the refrigerator for me to eat, and ideally I won't have to cook it. I will go home directly from work, eat food, and then not have anything to do! Nothing! No laundry, no cleaning, no taking-pictures-for-Ebay, no Netflixes to watch, no Village Voice to catch up on, no phone calls remaining, no songs to record. Nothing! I will go home, eat, and stare wide-eyed at a clean apartment, all tasks completed, and I will play piano or read a book, and then go to bed early. Ah, dreams.

I have a long list of things to do. I have to sell things on Ebay. With the proceeds I have to buy things for school. I have to think about health insurance. I have to do art projects. I've actually been commissioned to do one so that's weighing on me, because I'm stumped and I have only a couple months to do it.

My goal is to have no list remaining when I move, so that the next year is without lists. Everything will be leisure. My life will be so much less hectic in MA. I will be chill, happy, enthused, energetic, etc.

Right.

Speaking of lists... I need to tend to my work list for the day and actually do something. Equipment is down and its causing me to procrastinate. Technology makes us so spoiled.

Oh. And apparently its de-lurking week? Do people know about this? Does this mean I have to de-lurk on all the blogs I read? Dear god. I don't even want to put that on any list because it will take hours.

More later...

No comments: