Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Mundane Life In Song Survey

On our way back from MA this weekend, D and I stopped in Mystic, CT for lunch (the original plan was to stop in Mystic and then find a beach, which is something D can do because he doesn't require a plan or desination, but which ended up being futile because there aren't, apparently, any good beaches near Mystic).

There was a sign in a restaurant window that said "No shirt, no shoes, no service" or whatever that sign is.

D said "I wonder if anyone has ever tried to go into that restaurant without pants."

I laughed.

"No, but seriously, why is that? Why can't you go into a restaurant without a shirt or shoes?"

I immediately said "Because its unsanitary," but then thought better of that response, because really, if they're worried about sanitation then they should require people to wear gloves.

I thought about it some more, and I said "I bet its aesthetics. How could you eat while being forced to look at feet, or worse, an obese man spilling his spaghetti all over the folds of his naked stomach?"

I actually don't know the answer to this question.

Anyone? Anyone?

4 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

I say it's hygiene. People sweat more on their bodies, and imagine, just IMAGINE THE HORROR if some gross man, glistening with sweat, turned really fast and sprayed his sweat onto your food!

Also, people's bodies and feet smell, so there's that.

Beth said...

Mmm hmm. Hygiene. I agree.

Anonymous said...

Probably so they won't get sued.

If somebody steps on glass or whatever with no shoes, and the owners said they could come in with bare feet, they could sue.

The same with the shirt. If your server spills food on you, you're more likely to be burnt if you are nude.

:)

I've been lurking for quite awhile...hello!

Anonymous said...

how about:
if someone is 50% less clothed, then they are 50% more likley to have sex with someone.