Thursday, August 03, 2006

Heat

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 1:00.

I just looked at weather.com and they claim that at 1:00 the temperature will be 95 degrees, but that it will feel like 108.

I can't take this anymore.

No AC on the train, sweating just because of existing, surrounded by miserable people.

People are doing insane things.

Last night I saw a woman wearing a transparent yellow dress with black underwear.

A man approached me, sweating, and said "Ma'am, do you know what day it is?" I was in a panic because I didn't know the date, but then he said "Is it Thursday?" I paused, insane from the heat and the AC-less train and lack of oxygen etc., and said "No... I think it is Wednesday..." He was super appreciative and then let himself into my building. I decided to linger back, just in case he had gone mad from heat exhaustion and would feel compelled to ask me more questions like "What year is it? Where am I? Who are you? Where do you live?" etc.

I also heard that someone felt compelled to write a song about Alan Thicke.

Heh.

It's so f-ing hot.

1 comment:

Banalities said...

The inside of my car hit 109 today. I drove around a while until it dropped to 97. Then, in the evening, it dropped all the way to 85. Which was too cold. So I put on my top coat, went for a walk, and got me a steaming hot pizza with jalapenos. The clerk was staring at me, so I did that thing when you touch your finger to yourself and go "Sss."
Except my finger really did go "Sss", and I burned away in a flash of flame. Then I woke up and saw that I'd passed out in my car, which is usually what happens when you go remain in a closed compartment that's 109 degrees.

Lessons learned: Hydrate, and stay where it's cool.