Monday, May 15, 2006

The Apartment Has Been Rented!

I guess that's all.

In short:

The guy about whom I declared "This is the guy who is going to rent the apartment!" after talking to him for two minutes rented the apartment.

He is thrilled, ecstatic, bouncing-off-the-walls enamored with my apartment.

When I gave him the keys, he gave me a bottle of wine in exchange. I love when people extend unnecessary kindnesses.

He offered us blinds.

He did a little dance when I gave him the keys and sang "I can't believe I'm a New Yorker!"

He wants to invite me over after he's settled in.

They are charging me rent for all of May even though he now lives there.

They are not, however, charging me the lease-breaking fee because "You have been so sweet and you're such a nice kid and you've been so helpful through all of this so we'll just keep the deposit. I think that's fair. And you have a boyfriend and you're living with him and you're happy and we're happy for you. I think this is fair."

"So do I."

Do I? No, but am I just glad that I don't have to deal with this anymore? Yes. I'd rather pay an extra $300 than have this draw on, have to go there, fill out paperwork, etc. It's worth it to me to just be done with it.

Now all I need are some curtains and I will be officially settled.

WOOOO!!!!!!

No comments: