Friday, February 10, 2006

It's My Birthday and I'll Have Experiences If I Want To

If its my birthday, don't I get to determine how its celebrated? Or do I have to appease others? Do I make demands? Do I make compromises?

I feel like your birthday, especially a big one, is the one day a year on which you are allowed to be a diva, to say "This is what we're doing, everyone, and you have no choice!"

Am I wrong? Do I try to please everyone, or do I create a good situation for me?

I'm so selfish. But you only turn, ahem, 30 once.

4 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

I think that if you are planning an event, you get to say what to do. I also think that if someone is offering to take you somewhere, you get to dictate it somewhat. But if they throw you a surprise party, you're out of luck. Unless they're bad at it and you find out and tell them not to. You also get to talk your husband into taking you to NYC for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

30?! Oh my god.

Reb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reb said...

Be a diva and wear a tiara dammit...or at least a wig!!!!!!!

miss you