Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend

Yeah.

So the weekend flew by because of spending an entire day putting CD's into my computer, removing them, putting other ones in, making playlists, preparing for the day when I will, again, have an IPod.

I got up really early on Saturday morning after having gone to bed a few hours earlier because of anxiety. I thought "Wait! I shouldn't be sleeping when I could be uploading music onto my computer!"

I spent most of the day ripping CD's, while I organized what music remained on my computer, finished watching Spartacus, did the indoor portion of my photography homework, cooked elaborate lunch and dinner, and watched the entirety of Bonnie and Clyde. I left the house only to do the outside portions of my photography homework and to walk sadly up and down 34th Street in search of a new cell phone and cell phone deal, which was, apparently, not to be found (story coming soon...).

I had ambitious plans for the weekend. I wanted to catch up on phone calls, go to the International Center for Photography, go to Beacon's Closet to sell some clothes, go to a party with D. I did none of these things, because my plans were all messed up due to being phoneless and without phone numbers.

I spent yesterday doing the Saturday plans, which instead of being a movie and drink became brunch at an apartment in the Upper East Side followed by a movie followed by chatting at the apartment again. I was slightly distressed about going to the Upper East Side, as it is in the middle of nowhere and is notorious for being, well, lame. I was expecting it to be a barren wasteland, but it was actually quite nice. Difficult to get to, and tons of babies, but still there were things going on. Not much of "a scene," but I think that's actually quite nice.

Brunch was nice. It was nice to be visiting someone's apartment for a meal! These things tend not to happen in NYC because apartments are small. She made scrambled eggs with cheese and garlic and oregano, and bagels, and fake sausage and fake bacon. I was slightly concerned about the fake sausage and bacon, as I don't eat sausage or bacon or any meat product because of texture issues. I thought it rude not to partake, so I forced myself. I didn't like the sausage, but man! The facon was amazing! I am addicted. If I ever go grocery shopping again I will most definitely buy some.

We saw Everything is Illuminated, which I adored. It wasn't the best adaptation of a book (the book is one of the best books I've ever read), but it maintained the general vibe, humor, and sentimentality. The filmmaking and cinematography were superb. I really liked it. I laughed, I cried, etc.

Then, because I hadn't seen him in a whole day!, D wanted to go on a proper date. He was very cute and missed me! He said "I think this is the longest I've gone without seeing you! I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks!"

I pointed out to him that its the longest he's gone without seeing me here. He'd apparently forgotten about all of the trips he's taken in the past year during which we haven't seen each other. I guess there's a psychological difference between going away and being, well, left somewhere.

He was very cute, and suggested we go to dinner and a movie. I was excited, so actually did my hair. D said "Your hair looks good - did you do something different?" "No," I said, "I just did it."

D said "OK. Tell me exactly what you've been doing for the past two days, since I last saw you. Play by play." So cute. It's so nice to be missed.

We went to see Corpse Bride, which was good but not awesome. Not nearly as good as Nightmare Before Christmas, but how could it be?

Yeah. Lots of movies.

Incidentally, Spartacus redeemed itself, but maybe its because I only had 20 minutes remaining to watch. I actually felt, gasp, emotion at the end! So it wasn't completely terrible as an experience stretched over a week's time.

I intend to make better use of next weekend. It will be good. I am counting the seconds. Once I get through tomorrow's seminar all will be fine. I will no longer
have any anxiety. It will be splendid.

OK. I am going to eat lunch now.

More later...

No comments: