Thursday, June 02, 2005

Thoughts on Thursday

1. The media should not be allowed to include the phrase "Cruise Control" in any article about Tom Cruise ever again. This needs to be stopped. It boggles my mind that people confuse trite with clever. I realize that the phrase is appropriate given Tom Cruise's behavior as of late, but really.

2. I had to wear a baggy or not-at-all transparent shirt today. When I was getting dressed, I realized that I own nothing appropriate. Nothing. Most of my spring/summer clothes are tight fitting, and the ones that are not are apparently semi-transparent. Ridiculous. I can't believe I am allowed to work.

3. Amnesia is a crazy thing.

4. For example, when you remember somebody reading you a really funny poem but you have no idea what the poem was about or why it was funny. You just know it was a poem and that your response to it was laughter.

5. And you know you got home, but how?

6. And you know you were given instructions, but you completely forget what they were.

7. Things familiar are powerful.

8. Alfie was suprisingly better than I'd anticipated, and not only because Jude Law is hot. D said "I resent him for being so beautiful." I don't. My life is greatly enhanced by the entertainment industry's giving me opportunity after opportunity to consume Jude Law's beauty.

9. Risotto is the new comfort food.

10. I like being taken care of by someone other than my mother.

11. Speaking of Tom Cruise, I was just updating my queue (how I love the word queue!) on NetFlix and thought "I'm in the mood for a good war movie!" so began searching the Military Drama subcategory to find a war movie I haven't already seen. I mention this because Top Gun is listed, and I just don't think of Top Gun as a military drama. I guess the volleyball scene (in the top five movie scenes of all time) sort of takes away from, ahem, the drama.

12. It is almost My Mundane Life In Song's first birthday! I am trying to think of what to do to celebrate. A Greatest Hits compilation? A photo montage?

13. I feel like I've been negligent with My Mundane Life In Song. I've been self absorbed and tending to things in my personal life and not making time for the blog. This needs to be remedied.

14. Although, this is hard to remedy when the wireless connection I am stealing in my apartment is unreliable! Hmph.

15. Tom Cruise is too short (and lame) for Katie Holmes.

That is all.

1 comment:

Dr. Maureen said...

Dude, being taken care of when you are sick is the best thing ever. The worst thing ever is when you live by yourself and are sick and hacking and you have to schlep your own sorry sick self down to CVS to buy Robitussin.

M