Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Notary

I can't believe I have to have something notarized in order to move out of my apartment.

My former landlord said "So, will you just rip up my phone number when this is all done? Is this it?"

I am confused by his sudden sense of humor.

Is this akin to a bad relationship ending? Now everyone can finally laugh about things!

I wanted to say "Well, I don't know if I can continue to have a relationship with you since you still insist on making me go to notary publics even after things have ended!"

Soon my keys will be in a padded envelope en route to Brooklyn and this will be over once and for all, the fabulous blue couch being the only casualty that resulted from this experience.

Soon I will have $4020 in my pocket. I'd like to think it will be that easy.

Soon I may no longer have to worry about stupid apartment-related things like light bulbs and paperwork and surfaces on which to eat.

Soon things will return to normal.

No comments: