Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Eminem

Bench Buddy is doing a standup comedy open mic tomorrow night and I am giddy. I am hoping to catch him, as I have Expensive Haircut #2 tomorrow night that will rectify the abomination that is Expensive Haircut #1.

We were just talking about it, and he said "Hey, did you ever find out about the open mic at Cafe Vivaldi?" to which I responded "No, well, I'm just not ready yet. Maybe someday soon, but not yet."

He said "I'll have to, like, secretly look into it..."

Then he got really excited and said "You'll be just like Eminem in '8 Mile!' I'll go and secretly sign you up for the battle and you'll be thrown into the fire and then you'll kick ass..." Then he started performing excerpts from the battles.

I said "Yes, Bench Buddy, I am just like Eminem."

I never thought I'd ever be compared to Eminem. In some weird way, it actually did motivate me. Someone said that "8 Mile" is the "Karate Kid" of the new millennium, and they were right.

And Bench Buddy is my own personal Mr. Miyagi.

Yes, I am inspired.

1 comment:

Dr. Maureen said...

Maybe if you're lucky, Anna Paquin will dance awkwardly to your music.