Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Nothing To Say

Ummmm.

There's not much going on these days. I am trying to get settled in again. Being back in MA for a week made me feel like I'd never moved. I'm still delirious from coming back right before New Year's.

The weekend was good. Did I write about the weekend?

Went out with work posse on Friday night. We intended to drink at some swanky place in the East Village, but it was mysteriously closed when we got there. We ended up wandering around and ended up at some cheesy place that claimed to have barbecue (food is now one of our criteria). Once we got in there, we soon realized there was no food. But, the beauty of New York is that you can have things delivered to bars that don't have food, so we got pizza delivered to us. But we had no plates. Or utensils. Or napkins, so it was kind of a disaster. The waitress couldn't deal. There were maybe 20 people in this place, and she kept getting all huffy when we'd order a drink. At one point she said "Ummm, so the bartender just put your drinks on the bar and you can just go get them because I'm too swamped," then "Oh, you're ordering drinks AGAIN?" and then "Look, I want to settle your bill but I can't really deal right now so you have to open a tab." This place felt like Louisiana. The music sucked and there was tons of plaid and a dude with a tail, Jordan Knight style.

Since that place sucked, we ended up walking around the East Village and ended up at Bouche Bar, which happens to be downstairs from Certain Someone's apartment, which was trippy. I felt a bit awkward about going there, and begged to find somewhere else to go, but P from upstairs said "If we see him, don't worry - there's more of us than him, we'll just beat him and then duct tape him to a car, and since its cold out, you know he'll stick to that shit."

I drank too much and got moody instead of happy dull, and D kept saying things like "I just want to make you happy" and "the past is the past" while Former Favorite Ex-Boyfriend kept calling my cell phone since he was on the loose somewhere in NYC. I didn't care at all, which was new. D said jokingly "Is someone booty calling you?" and I said nothing, because, well, two months ago I'd have said "yes."

The entire time we were out I was dying for people to disappear so I could get a moment alone with D. Secrets suck.

Saturday was warm and fuzzy and lovely. D washed dishes unprompted while I downloaded songs for him. We (how did I become we?) went to two movies. We were supposed to go to the Brooklyn museum, but it was dreary and the perfect day for a double feature and burritos.

Sloth Sunday was laundry and drawing and TV and phone calls.

Today at lunch I had scrambled eggs and, instead of home fries, french fries. I was thinking to myself "I should have put All-Day-Breakfast in the happiness song, because, really, what is better than breakfast all day? Life just does not get better!" Then I went to squeeze ketchup out of the packet and squeezed it all over my hand and all over the Village Voice. Ugh. It somehow got on the front of the Village Voice, so every time I went to turn a page my fingers got smothered in ketchup. Fantastic. The good news is that it didn't get on my pink coat.

Yesterday in the elevator there was some sort of drunk-ish dude (stoned?) after work and he looked at me and smiled and slurred "Pinnnnnkkkkk....."

Also yesterday I gave D the song I wrote for him as a Christmas song. This was the first time I've written, completed, and handed a song to someone. I was having, predictably, a million fits. Sister convinced me that D would not think me insane. I told him I wasn't sure if he would think it insane or cute, and he said "I can't believe it even crossed your mind that I would think this was insane. What is insane is people eating turnips."

While I was at dinner with E, D called and left a message that said "You are the most awesome girlfriend in the world."

Sigh.

I called him after my dinner, which was Thai food that appeared 30 seconds after being ordered and which had tofu that was indistinguishable from a potato. E and I discussed jury duty and then whether there exists an evidence-proof way to dispose of a dead body. During the phone call D told me that the smurfs represent the Aryan race (his song made reference to a smurf). Ummmm. Thoughts? Azreal = Israel? I don't know about this.

Which reminds me that I have other songs for people in various stages of decelopment. If I hadn't moved, I'd have finished so many songs.

I might play an open mic next week. Bench Buddy happened upon one randomly on Monday night on the upper west side that has a piano, and at which Norah Jones used to play. I am nervous, but I have a long weekend to practice.

I am looking forward to the weekend. I actually have plans. And it is long. Yes.

And I am looking forward to tonight, because D is making crepes!

Which reminds me that I should stop blogging and go eat crepes. So many projects, so little time. R is starting an internet radio station and wants me to DJ one night a week. That will be awshummmm, but do I have time? No. Will I do it anyway? Yes. Because it will keep me off the streets one night a week! And save me money, which needs to happen.

Right. Nothing to say. NEVER!!!!!!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to point out most bars anywhere will let you bring food in from the outside if they do not serve or are currently not serving food. Not just in New York ;-)

Leah Lar said...

Yes, I figured as much, but I think all of the bahs in Boston have food, so this was never an option. Or maybe I only went to bahs with food, because I don't like to drink when not having eaten. Either way, fabulous concept when in large groups of people.

Anonymous said...

Hello

How does one go about and get an internet radio station. Sounds great. What does it cost?