Monday, January 03, 2005

Back in General

It's amazing how you can completely forget what you do for a living after being away from it for less than two weeks.

Apparently I do science, but I can't do it today.

I'd assumed today would be a wasted day, but I didn't realize just how ineffective I'd be. It's odd, because I was really looking forward to returning to work (normalcy) until it actually happened. Oh well.

I am dead tired. The holidays were hectic. Lots of family. I cried in two days the same amount of tears I've cried over the past three years. I realized that I cry when I see other people crying, especially children. I didn't get to see enough people in Boston, but was thrilled to be able to spend time with my former roommates and two of my spectacular girlfriends from college, one who has a wonderful husband and the other who has an equally wonderful fiance. I nearly killed my father in NYC, because he has the wonderful talent of being able to make me feel like I am 5 years old and incompetent and embarrassed by him no matter what age I am. New Year's Eve ended up being amazing, the best result of which is that I have, gasp, a boyfriend! Who I really like! Who feeds Roommate's cat because he knows how much it annoys me. Sigh.

I'll write more detailed stories later, but I just wanted to blog because I am going through withdrawal. Work wouldn't be work without writing my blog. Then again, it's not like I'm capable of doing work today.

Oh well.

More to come...

No comments: