Sunday, December 19, 2004

Happiness

Genre: Self indulgent cover of a song from a musical
Date: 12.19.04





Description:

I was deliriously tired last night when I wrote the post about being happy.

I looked at it this morning and thought "Heh, those alternate lyrics to Happiness are kind of cute."

I then spoke with my mother, who said "After your father talked to you yesterday, he said you sounded REALLY HAPPY."

I said "That, mother, is because I am really happy!" I thought "Perhaps I should be self-indulgent and enjoy this happiness by actually recording the cheesy version of Happiness I proposed last night on the blog!" Plus, it's about time I actually recorded a song from a bad musical instead of writing originals that sound like they're from bad musicals.

I had no idea when I'd do it, until I went down to the laundry room and realized that even when you have tons of quarters for the first time in weeks, you can't actually do laundry when, in addition to the change machine being broken, so are half of the washing machines.

The broken machines gave me an extra hour of time, during which I recorded this. It was a rush job. The mixdown is pretty bad, as I just finished it after Christmas shopping in the rain during which I realized I am sick. I am sitting in my apartment wearing a scarf and hat and feeling like ass, but I am not phased because I am happy.

Please enjoy my bad cover of a bad song, and if you'd like to see the words, please reference the previous entry.

No comments: