Thursday, November 11, 2004

Tired

So. Very. Tired.

I got into work at nearly 8 am on Tuesday and Wednesday. Back in the day I used to get up at 8:45.

And then I left well after ten hours of work on Tuesday, and yesterday was 10 hours.

One of the many crazy things about this place is that people get alarmed if they see you after 6pm. Like "Whoa - do people know you're here? Make sure people know you're here so you don't get locked in! What are you doing here?" I remember the days of feeling guilty about leaving before 6pm.

And then I didn't get home until after midnight both nights.

I'm just not used to this anymore. Because I am an old lady.

The people in the bay, right now, are talking about cupcakes.

I intended to go for drinks tonight with Intimate Apparel, but I am a zombie and would be (and have) no fun. We have postponed until Tuesday. Which is hilarious, because we've been trying to set this up since the Red Sox beat the Yankees. Busy busy busy.

Oh! But now the people in my bay are talking about shoes! Which is acceptable.

Last night after class I went out for dinner with new friend E. It was nice. It was the first time I've hung out with someone non-work-related or non-past since moving to NYC. He said "Have you gotten to the point where you're like 'Where the fuck am I?'" which was fabulous, because I hit that point on Friday night when I nearly stood up in the bar and yelled "Where the fuck am I? Who are you people? What have I done!??!" It was nice to learn that somebody understood that. The person I was with on Friday night didn't understand the surreal quotient of such a situation, so I didn't get to stand up and yell those things. Darn him for being a more adjusted and less melodramatic person than I am. And darn him for having a job where he gets to discuss "villains." Again, jealous.

Last night E also said "I have a blog, and its weird because people don't call you as much when you have a blog because they think they know everything about you. And then when they do talk to you, they're like 'Oh, man, it was crazy when you did X' because they read about it, or they'll say 'Yeah, I know already, I read about it on your blog.'"

Preach on.




No comments: