Friday, November 12, 2004

French Toast

I don't know if there's anyone out there reading anymore.

If you are, you will be pleased to know that I had French Toast for lunch. French Toast, however, is not enough to kill a wicked bad mood. I thought it would, but it didn't.

It's been the worst science day ever. I could go on about radioactivity and broken cell harvesters and my missing boss and the girl who ran my blot through with my film, but I'll just say I'm glad its the weekend and next week is going to suck. And I was in a vile mood before any of this even happened.

My sister is coming this weekend, just in time. She will be enough to kill a wicked bad mood.

Last night I went out for drinks with the work folks. Their peer pressure is so effective. I shouldn't have. I haven't been this tired ever.

One interesting thing about last night: there is a girl with whom I work who is a liberal. We are all, obviously, liberals in New York City. So we're talking about Bush being a moron (as we always do) and JesusLand and I said "We really need to have another Bill Clinton." I was going on about charisma and intelligence and the
Al Gore Robot Quotient etc., and this girl said "Yeah, but Bill Clinton with more moral integrity."

Whoa.

It was suddenly 1998 and there we were screaming about Monica Lewinsky and blow jobs and sex in the office and whether cheating on your wife means you are also lying to the country. I felt sort of bad for her because it was 10:1, but really. Her bad for bringing that up now.

It's 5:15. Only 45... more... minutes....


No comments: