Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I'm Fine

I just want you all to know that I will be fine. Just fine! I just need a day to process this. I have to go over 10 years of nonsense and deal with it for the first time ever and then be done with it.

I am sad but I'll live. Thanks to all of you!!!!

Also.

The people in my bay talk about one of three things: food, kids, or dogs.

Right now it is dogs. There is all sorts of dog talk and giggling. I am having a hard time concentrating today for obvious reasons so I've been sitting here staring at a pile of work that needs to be done while listening to this. I don't understand. Dogs! Hee heeee!!!!!!

This, however, is acceptable in light of what was overheard yesterday in my bay: "I brought in a book about breast feeding for you!"

Hee heeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to listen to food, kids, or dogs all day. It would be better than 1.) what an idiot Bush is 2.) how much we hate our jobs, 3.) what an idiot Bush is (trust me, it gets said enough that it deserves another mention).

But since you brought up dogs....here's some unsolicited advice: You should get a pet. You need a soft, friendly kitty. It's an INSTANT stress releiver, and cats can stay at home by themselves for long periods of time because of the whole litter box thing. I think it would help with some of the depression.

Dr. Maureen said...

OK, so all they talk about is dogs and... breastfeeding? I realize that some people are a little crazy when it comes to pampering dogs, but that would be more than a little crazy.

M

Leah Lar said...

Who suggested I should have a cat?

I actually have a cat, but she, like all cats, is a diva and is fickle and therefore makes me more depressed.

No, that's not true. I dig her. And its not true that I have a cat. I live with a cat who belongs to Roommate.

But I don't think cats ease depression. I am realizing I can never have a pet - too much responsibility, man. No way.

Banalities said...

You should get an imaginary pet, like a cave chinchilla or a tube monkey. You can pretend to take care of it and nurture it (and laugh at the totally cute thing it did with a ball of string) and all of that nice, therapeutic stuff. If you believe in it hard enough, it will seem real. Other people won't care, because it's better to be friends with a lunatic who believes in cave chinchillas than some depressive mope. It's probably less crazy than it sounds, anyway. (We all know that the imaginary pet is a metononomical identity for your wounded psyche. It might be easier to cope if you can trick yourself into thinking it's not.) Then, when you no longer need its services, just relegate to the wasteland of creative ideas you keep in the back of your mind.

-Banalities

P.S. You should have seen my pet tube monkey playing with a ball of string last week. It was totally cute.