Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Oh, The Drama

I am watching the news. I have been extraordinarily out of touch with the world since moving. I don't get the paper, we are without a radio that actually functions, and when I'm in front of the TV I am staring at old home videos instead of watching TV or dealing with the pile of Netflixes that has accumulated.

There was just a melodramatic story about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. It consisted of clips from a Dateline episode that's going to air some time soon and Angie's new movie and Brad's production and blah blah blah and this is why it's challenging to watch the news. Do I really care what Angelina thinks about "the courageous woman at the heart of her new movie?" No.

Do I care about the fires and the whales? Yes.

Bush not wearing a seatbelt? No.

A car crashing into a day care center? Yes.

The Red Sox? Forgive me, no.

I really, really, really wish that I had something other than basic analog cable so I could watch CNN.

Oh my, Angelina's on again and she's "haunted" by the film!

Why don't they just interview Mariane Pearl?

Oh, Brad.

No comments: