Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Medications

Guess what I did last night?

I went home after work and... watched TV!

I don't think I've watched TV in six months. I realized that I miss watching the news. I am not a person who is able to absorb and retain news through reading. I am much better at news via listening, and even better via watching. I heart watching the news. I wish I could always be home by 6:30 to catch world news. Yes, I could watch the local news later in the evening when I'm available, but local news is lame.

I also managed to watch various entertainment shows and oh my. Britney's bald head and ongoing meltdown! Brangelina and the kids! Brad posing shirtless! Anna Nicole's bodyguard! Christie Brinkely at some sort of school benefit on Long Island! Jenna Elfman wicked pregnant! I wish I could remember all news as well as I remember ridiculous entertainment gossip.

Another noteworthy thing that has happened since the last time I watched the news is that nearly all of the ads during the nightly news were for medication. I guess adults want to buy medication. Right.

I transitioned into watching cooking shows on some local channel and got really excited about everything. If I had the Food Network I'd watch nothing else. No, that's not true. I'd watch The History Channel and The Discovery Channel and CNN. Sometimes I want cable. I think I'd actually save money by paying for cable since I probably wouldn't go out as much. Maybe we'll get cable in MA, if we ever move to MA, which with each passing day seems less and less likely. How irresponsible can we really be? I don't yet know the answer to this question.

Speaking of MA, I think I will look at apartments now. Until tomorrow...

No comments: