Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ligamentia

I'm not entirely thrilled with having a torn ligament in the toe. Not one bit. I don't have the luxury of keeping the stupid thing elevated. It's fine in the morning, but after a day at work dear god. Complain complain. More complaining because I have to clean, make spinach artichoke dip and bruschetta and pesto tonight, pick out an outfit and practice Christmas carols for the big soiree tomorrow night, during which I plan to drink away the toe pain.

The mid-week party is wonderful and without expectation, but it is occurring to me that I have invited 30 people over for 7:00 pm and that I will probably be getting out of work at 6:00. This means that there will be approximately half an hour to become presentable, straighten my hair, eat something, change outfits 18 times even though I will theoretically pick one tonight that I will of course hate by tomorrow and don't even mention what to do about shoes when your foot is grotesque!, cook four dishes, put stuff out, get organized, get Christmas-y, etc.

D and I agreed not to get each other presents, but last night he said "I have something to cheer you up about your toe!" and presented to me a present which could not be opened at that moment because its for Christmas. Bless him, but the pressure! Now I have to get him something but shopping and going for long walks when there exists the possibility that someone could step on my foot is not on my list of things-that-seen-pleasant right now. Plus, since we agreed not to get presents for one another I have put zero thought into what to get him.

Pressure! I nearly got away with not buying a single gift. Oh well.

Ah, the holidays.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: