Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cheating On The Blog

I started a new blog and feel like I have been neglecting this one.

The new one isn't for the world. It's more of a memory exercise for me as my overstimulated brain seems unable to retain information anymore. It occurred to me on Sunday night, as I was watching Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, that I don't remember specifics about movies anymore. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is part of a trilogy that started with Oldboy, which I loved. I cannot remember, however, specifics about Oldboy. Something about a man in prison. Was he framed? He gets out and seeks vengeance and ends up almost sleeping with his daughter. Why? What? I don't know! I can't remember! I know I liked it, but I don't know why I liked it and I don't really know what it was about.

I watch too many movies. I don't have time to allow things to settle and incorporate into my neurons. I go from one stimulus to another and nothing sticks.

The new blog is movie reviews. It will most likely also involve book and art and theater reviews, if I ever have time to read a book or look at art or afford theater again. This new blog is for me so when I think "Wait - what happened in 'Twelve and Holding?'" I can go back and read a summary of the plot and also what I thought about the movie immediately after seeing it.

I'm excited about the new blog. I think it will improve my writing and force me to consolidate my thoughts.

But I feel a little bad, because I am afraid I might neglect this blog. This blog is an emotional dump. I don't think things through. I just write. It's bare and honest. The new blog requires being organized and thoughtful and therefore requires actual time, time that will be taken away from this blog and other side projects like looking for Mediterranean cruises and investigating vegetarian diets that somehow don't involve sugar.

I'm sure its acceptable to have two blogs.

It is, right?

4 comments:

Miss Pickle said...

It's totally acceptable! (Just don't forget about us! Please!)

Beth said...

I would feel better if you would give us access to this other blog. I love your reviews of movies, shows, etc. so I would love it if you shared them!!!

Lissa said...

Leah! What about me? I live in Winnipeg Canada, I don't even get to hang with you. I'm totally upset by this alleged affair you are having with another blog. (*Lissa crying inside...)

BTW, can you post some pictures of your new apartment and the view from your roof access? Do it for your foreign friends...

Leah Lar said...

Ah yes... I actually took photos from the roof last weekend to post on the blog but haven't had time to upload them yet. They are on their way, I promise!