Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Caught

I went to a follow-up doctor's appointment this morning and it became apparent that they were not going to weigh me.

Because I've not been eating cookies and have changed by dietary habits in the past two weeks, I was curious to know if, perchance, I'd lost (or gained) any weight. Not that I'm trying to lose weight (although I should be; weight loss, however, is not the goal of this particular diet), but you understand. Curiosity.

After the nurse left, I decided that certainly I would be waiting for a long time and would therefore have enough time to weigh myself on the fancy (and accurate) doctor's-office-scale! For some reason, however, I felt really guilty about it. Like I was doing something terribly wrong.

I jumped on the scale and determined that I don't weigh 100 pounds. I dropped the big thing down to 50 and was trying to figure out what exactly I weigh when the doctor busted in on me.

I jumped from the scale as though I'd been caught stealing pills.

I was like "Oh... well... I was just weighing... I was curious... you know..." She said nothing.

I don't know what I weigh. I should have weighed myself after she left the room but I was so embarrassed.

And I don't really understand why.

No comments: