Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Reservations

Errrggghhhhh.

I hate making reservations. Why? Because I am afraid of commitment. How can I decide TODAY what I am going to want to do on Saturday?

What should I do?

Three options for birthday dinner with The Family, of which I am now, thankfully, in charge.

Please cast your vote today.

Option 1:

Dinner at Babbo, Mario Bitali's place in the Village. The Family does like Italian food, and this will most definitely be a good meal. It may be pricey, though, and is it worth it? Odds are, regardless, a reservation will not be able to be made this late in the game.

Option 2:

Artisanal, the cheese place, which is having fondue month! It's semi-fancy, and bound to be delicious. Mother said "But what would we eat there?" "Fondue." "But what then?" "No, we can just eat fondue as the meal."

Option 3:

Swing 46, a supper club. It's a bit on the tourist-y side from what I understand, but there is a big band and then swing dance lessons at 9:15! And then dancing! This will be expensive and probably not a good meal, but will be a good experience for The Family.

I am torn - delicious Italian food, fondue, swing dancing. Hmmmmm. I wish I had favorites in this city.

Please cast your vote today!

6 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

You should go to Swing 46 so that we can have the following conversation:

YOU: They wanted the name of a good restaurant, so I told them to try Swing 46.
ME: That's really more of a supper club.
YOU: Well, yes, I tried to tell them that.

Just make sure you wear the copy of your priceless diamond necklace, and don't fall into the fountain.

Beth said...

I vote swing. It will be fun! It will be an adventure!

Anonymous said...

what do you mean you hate making commitments in advance? i thought you were an obsessive planner, no?

Reb said...

I vote for you to make "Reservations" (said in the tone of Peculiar Purple PieMan of Porcupine Creek..Strawberry Shortcake in Big Apple City movie) at Italian place
Good Food!
Yat Ta Ta Ta TA TA ta

Leah Lar said...

Heh. You KNOW I've been saying "Reservations..." a la Purple Pie Man for the last week!

Curses. I tried to make a reservation at Babbo but they will not accept reservations for more than 6 people. DRAT.

Now I am thinking Option 4: TAPAS! Will The Family like tapas? Do I care? It's my birthday! I'll eat little vegetarian portions of things if I want to! Mwa ha ha!

Lissa said...

Happy Birthday Leah