Friday, November 11, 2005

This One's For the Children

I have that fabulous NKOTB Christmas tune This One's For the Children in my head. Drat. I have no idea where it came from. I had no idea there were still even neurons for this song in my head. No good, folks.

***

I watched Harry Potter 3 last night. All I have to say is "Wtf?" Seriously. We had no clue. D kept being like "Do you understand this?" "Not at all." "Why are they executing that thing?" "Is Gary Oldman bad?" "Why do those things keep going after Harry? This makes no sense!" "Wait - the rat betrayed Harry's parents?" "WHAT IS GOING ON!?!"

***

It's Newest Guy's last day today and The Boss didn't plan a going-away lunch. I've been telling people about the lunch that I am sort of planning by word of mouth rather than via a formal group email. We are going to eat at 1:30, because that's when I can eat. Everyone keeps saying "Why do we have to go so late?" "Because I am in charge. And you have to eat when I can eat." People aren't coming because that's too late. Fine, that's cool. But then "But I brought my lunch!" I don't know what to say. And also people from other departments crashing the lunch who don't even have a relationship with Newest Guy just so they can feel included / popular. I could throw a fit.

***

The Parents are coming this weekend. Father is on crutches. This is going to be hilarious. We have many things planned. Hopefully they brought cash for cabs.

Yes. Keep telling myself that it's funny.

***

Ummm. There's more but I am frantic and trying to finish things before the extremely late 1:30 lunch that's so very inconvenient for everyone.

1 comment:

Dr. Maureen said...

It's because they have to skip so much to keep it down in length! But I didn't realize Azkaban was so bad. I'm surprised you could follow the second movie; that one was much jumpier I thought. If you like, I can summarize the plot for you in about 5 minutes so that you will understand the fourth movie.