Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sick Day!

It's not as fun to be at home sick when you can't watch The Price Is Right.

***

I stayed home sick from work yesterday. Some sort of flu thing. Not entirely debilitating, but enough to render me completely ineffective at work.

***

I was semi-productive. I organized my clothes and found some more things to sell at Beacon's Closet - it was an agonizing process of trying on former favorite shirts and dresses that no longer fit, and just admitting to myself that they will never again fit. I think, though, that since these things were favorites and therefore are awesome, I will make some money from selling them. On Monday night I forced D to engage in a farewell vigil to the clothes during which we said things like "Damn that was cute back when I was thinner!" and "If only this still fit!" and "Farewell, fabulous purple suede skirt from 1996, may you find a better home on a smaller ass."

***

I organized paperwork. I went to The Container Store this past weekend and instead of buying little drawers and containers for things like makeup and toiletries, I bought cool bright red expanding folders for the years of paperwork I save for no reason. Old health insurance forms from four jobs ago, offer letters, bank statements from college. My next sick-day project will be to actually go through the paperwork and get rid of it instead of merely transferring it to a more aesthetically pleasing and functional containter.

***

I ate, which was apparently not the best idea.

***

I watched an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm from season 4 and laughed out loud when Larry David made mention of Party of Five.

***

I tried to nap.

***

I dropped off laundry.

***

I met E to see The Baxter. We saw it at the newly opened IFC Film Center, where I'd also seen Me, You and Everyone We Know. It costs $10.75 to see a movie there, but do I care? No. Why? Because there is an obscene amount of leg room. It's as though they forgot to install every other row. And, you get to sit in gigantic purple fuzzy chairs that you might have in your living room if you were stylish and mod and rich.

You must see this movie. Hilarious. Subtle. Michelle Williams is adorable. I am most enamored with the film's sentiment that everyone, at some point in their life, thinks of themselves as a baxter.

***

I took a cab home afterwards as I was feeling ill post-eating again. I thought rice would be ok, but no! Made some phone calls, felt delirious, tried to watch Crash with D but passed out about halfway through.

***

I am at work today and probably shouldn't be, but there is much work to do and not many sick days remaining. I used up my "sick event" with the kidney stone fiasco so now I can't be sick for more than two days for the remainder of the year.

***

In other news, I saw Oldboy this weekend and it was super awesome.

***

I am still a bit delirious so I am going to stop writing now.

***

Hope you are all well.

No comments: