Monday, March 14, 2005

Theory

I have decided to potentially pay someone to help me with my taxes. I have been asking people at work what I should do, and they either say "Well, don't forget to do the city form... which is form something-or-other... no, I don't know where you get it... or what its called.... but you can download it... it's not the same as the state form... I have no idea" or "You should just go to H & R Block because, really, its really complicated here."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, L'Oreal has blamed my natural hair color for my hair-dye issue and not their poor quality control. I hate when customer service makes you feel like an idiot. I don't see how my dark hair could have possibly turned orange from black hair dye. It's impossible. This being said, they are sending me a "gift certificate" but I don't know that I can wait for it. I want to deal with this issue immediately.

Nobody seems to think its hideous. In fact, people claim to like it. It's much more subtle today. Weird, but subtle. I can't quite decide what to do. I have to look at myself on some more surfaces to determine my true feelings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to train some people from another facility this afternoon. We took them out to lunch and they walked really slow, because they are not from New York City.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow night is Indie Rock Karaoke around the corner at NorthSix. It is very esoteric. We're not sure what it is - will it be like Hip Hop Karaoke or will it be actual karaoke? Either way, they are selling advance tickets to this and we are hoping that Hipster Nation does not hear about it. I caved in and bought an advance ticket and therefore spent an unnecssary $4 to guarantee getting in. I would be heartbroken if I missed out on this.

I now have to decide what song to sing, if I am going to sing at all. If The Hipsters are in full effect it could be intimidating. I am torn - Modest Mouse? Interpol? Death Cab For Cutie? Blur? Radiohead? Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

I am also torn regarding whether I should skip class or not to get there in time. If I go to class, I'll definitely not get to do karaoke but I might get to see an awesome movie and be in the presence of someone super-famous. If I don't go to class, I have a chance of doing karaoke.

Karaoke is not a definite in any of these scenarios, but its more likely if I skip class.

I feel that class must be skipped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came up with a Neuroscience-related theory this weekend and don't know what to do about it. I emailed some random professor in Texas and am dying for him to email me back. I feel all online-dating about it. I keep checking my email, hoping, hoping, hoping. There's really no reason for him to write back, except that he's an academic and must love academics and therefore academically enthusiastic people!

In my searches for information regarding my theory, I found out that it's Brain Awareness Week! How exciting!!!! To the best of my knowledge, there are no Brain Awareness functions going on in New York City. Hmph. If only I lived in Croatia!

I should make it my new mission to bring Brain Awareness Week to New York City next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmmmm.

I'm tired.

No comments: