Thursday, March 03, 2005

Louis Vuitton

I so have nothing to say.

So here are 10 things about nothing:

1. I slept from 10pm to 8am and got into work at 10:30am. Delightful!

2. On the train this morning there was a woman wearing a Louis Vuitton scarf. It was hideous. It made me sad, because what if this poor woman paid Louis Vuitton caliber money for a horrid dark brown / light brown scarf with L's and V's on it?

3. This past weekend, as part of our car-tour-de-New-York, D stopped us somewhere on the southern tip of Manhattan to look at the Statue of Liberty. While my father took photos, I looked at contraband handbags, and saw the most adorable pink argyle Prada bag. Just as I was about to ask the dude how much he wanted for it, all of the contraband handbag vendors hid their merchandise within three seconds. It was bizarre - they wrapped everything up immediately in sheets, and it seriously took three seconds for millions of bags to become none. They've got this down to a science. We waited for a bit to ask about the bag, but tha police kept driving by.

4. Later that day, D asked me if I wanted it because it was Prada. I was like "What do you think?" and he said "You'd probably rip the label off." "Yes, darling, you are getting to know me." Pink argyle!!! Shit. Fuck tha police.

5. I had a dream last night that LBF and I were having babies. This was a very realistic dream, in that it was a dream about actual pregnancy instead of the usual dreams I have in which I suddenly have a baby and am confused. Normally I'm like "Did I steal this child? Does this child belong to me? Where did this come from?!?!" In the dream, I was showing and mainly concerned about where/when my water would break and what that would be like. I was also trying to organize an outing to go dancing and various friends of mine - old school friends from like years ago - were trying to tell me that dancing and drinking are not good ideas when one is pregnant. And I kept being like "You're right - what if my water breaks IN THE CLUB!?" Later in the dream, I was building a hammock for the baby to sleep in and D wanted nothing to do with it. I kept saying "Where do you expect our child to sleep?" and he kept trying to tell me he didn't care because he didn't want it.

6. D and I had a fight this morning - well, not really a fight, more of an issue - that we didn't resolve. This is another reason why one should not date one's coworker, because you're both feeling terrible and sad and you have to smile and be normal and not awkward when you get to work. We cleared things up at lunch, but morning was brutal.

7. You may have already seen this, but it's awesome:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050225/ap_on_fe_st/somervi
lle_gates_1

8. And also:

http://www.futurebird.com/buckets/

9. Bench Buddy and I are going to construct and post an Emo Scale tomorrow, on which we and our coworkers will indicate our moods as represented by the works of various bands/musicians. It will involve velcro and lamination and pictures of Ben Folds! We are way too excited about it.

10. I guess maybe I had only nine things to say.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: