Thursday, July 15, 2004

Microphone Crisis Averted....

So I've not posted any new songs yet because when I went to record some vocals the other day, I realized the two microphones I previously owned do not work on my fabulous new Powerbook! What are the odds of TWO microphones breaking since I was last able to turn on my old Vaio? Last night I left work early because I was sick, and went by Radio Shack to purchase a cheap mic just to do a test - I was wondering if maybe there are compatibility issues? Unlikely, but probably more likely than TWO microphones breaking without cause. Anyway, the new microphone works, so I started recording. I am trudging through a backlog of songs from last week and will hopefully have them up next week! Yeah!

In the meantime, you should all listen to Magnetic Fields, 69 Love Songs volume 1. I can't get enough of it. It's constantly playing in my fabulous new IPod. An ex-friend (long story I'll tell at some point) made a copy of this for me during Meltdown 1.0 and I only recently started listening to it in heavy rotation. The lyrics are amazing. I wish I didn't identify with every single song. "Who'd fall in love with a chicken with its head cut off?"

No comments: