Tuesday, July 27, 2004

DNC

The DNC is here!!!  I am working on many songs.

A couple preliminary observations:
1. it seems, at least as of right now, that Boston overreacted - I haven't been searched, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, everything is pretty much the same, at least for me, as it was pre-convention *
2. confining "free speech" to a zone negates the whole "free" part of free speech
3. Hillary (in canary) rules
4. Bill Clinton, the best speaker ever, makes me nostalgic - the song I am working on right now is about how I wish we could just re-elect Bill
5. GIDEON YAGO is in town!!!!! 

* To steal a story from my sister, though - she's on the orange line the other day carrying her bass in a case, and a policeman comes up to her, looks at her, looks at the case, and says "I'm sure there's just a guitar in there."  Well done, policeman!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah,
(Sorry...this comment does not pertain to this particular entry.)

But, I think your mundane life in song is a fabulous idea. If you keep writing one song a day, youre going to be a truly amazing songwriter. Sure, its all done in jest, and most of your songs are silly and have made me laugh thus far. Props to you. word. keep it up.

Love,
vick-elicious

p.s. is the benicio song about a vibrator? had to be blunt.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous? Ok, I was too lazy to create an account. Beth has kindly shared your URL with me. I think this rules.

I agree that Boston totally over-reacted. Unfortunately, I disagree with you on Hillary. I SERIOUSLY thought she forgot that she was in BOSTON and not NEW YORK. I gasped when she made the NY comments. I still hope she can run for president, but I'll have to forget about that by then.

Rock out with your cock out,

JEN

Anonymous said...

I also disagree with you about Hillary. I would have preferred if she gave her speech in a canary *costume* and, when she would randomly and mysteriously flinch, explained that she was just startled because she taut she taw a puddy-tat.

Anonymous said...

Anything is better than George Dubya!

Enough bush!! (well enough George Bush :)

-German
(too lazy to make an account)