Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Action Figure

Date: 8.20.06
Genre: Musical Theater




Description:

This is a song about a lost toy.

D and I have been losing things as of late, including our minds. D has lost two pairs of cycling glasses (one to wind, one to theft), two wallets (one to stupidity, one to theft), his checkbook, his umbrella, and a vast assortment of other belongings. I lost something far more sentimental than any of those things - something I've been carrying around with me everywhere I've gone since July of 1994 has disappeared. I don't even know when it disappeared. I've been so absentminded lately.

I was going for something whimsical, something child-like, something toy-esque.

I was also very excited to use the keyboard that is now in my bedroom - woop! - so there may be too many sounds, and sounds that do not belong, but there are sounds! And they are in tune! And there is no longer the sound of the air conditioner! Yeah!

This song is old. I couldn't post it when I originally wrote it because we have been without internet at the apartment. I'm not sure when I started writing it - I just kept working on it and adding to it until the internet was restored, which was this morning. So I'm guessing at 8/20, but I think it was actually before that.

Enjoy!

Lyrics:

I walked around with you in my pocket
Every step that I took I took for granted
I didn't think to look
I didn't think to check
I didn't think to think at all

No comments: