Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Room Tone

Date: 4.12.05

Genre: Emo Piano


MP3 File

Description:

Haven't been in the best state of mind lately. Haven't really felt like blogging or really doing much of anything.

I ended up leaving work early today for reasons unrelated to my mood. On my way home, I managed to come up with an idea for the verse of this song, which I have been sitting on since early February.

The song is fairly obvious. It's about being insecure. It's not, well, all true.

When I started the song I felt really insecure.

That feeling went away shortly thereafter, and for the first time in my life I started feeling confident and felt like I had nothing to write about.

Of course this has all changed within the past few weeks, so , for your listening pleasure, a rarity - a song on My Mundane Life In Song!

I feel better after having been productive this afternoon.

This isn't the best recording or the best production. In fact, its terrible. Please keep in mind that I haven't really slept or ate in about two weeks.

I won't ever have time to make a good enough recording, so I am just going to throw this up so that I can feel like I've accomplished something today.

Hope you like it.

Lyrics:

I'm sick and tired of all of these things that distract
They prevent me from letting you be everything

My skin isn't thick enough, it's still painful to trust
I'm a baby
You are grown and you are known to everyone here

You have so many fans I can't quite understand
Why you talk to me
Or why you walk next to me
Or how you psychically say all the right things

I don't know how you do it
I don't know why you do it
I hate that I'm trained to doubt it

I'm sick and tired of myself, yes, I know
I'm so crazy
You are sane, you're so much better at this than I am

Staring at you completely convinced that you'll run
I have no reason
You are strong, you're better at everything than I am

You have so many fans I can't quite understand
What you see in me
Why you've chosen me to share in you silly and secret dreams

I don't know how you do it
I don't know why you do it
I hate that I'm trained to doubt it

No comments: